Monday 7 November 2016

Golden Demon: Enemies of the Imperium

Yesterday felt rather special and it caught me by surprise! I was hoping like mad to get a trophy for my Farseer and was delighted that it won Gold. But when I saw who the other Gold winners were, and what they had won with, I tucked my statuette under my arm so I would have both hands free to applaud the latest Slayer Sword Winner.

I honestly didn’t expect to hear my own name at that point and it still hasn’t quite sunk in!



It makes me think back to my 21 yr old self, entering the first Golden Demon in 1987 with no idea of the journey he was about to go on. I’m extremely proud of the swords and trophies I’ve won but way above and beyond that I feel grateful for all the friendships and experiences I’ve had as a result of my miniature painting hobby!

Please forgive the cloying sentiment but I’m a bit tired and very over excited. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats, superb level of painting and a well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking effort mate. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Very well deserved Slayer Sword =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deserved win, the quality throughout the entries looked superb but the Farseer looks gorgeous.

    It was nice to see your previous winning entries in the cabinet as well, especially the Nurgle Rhino which I have fond memories of seeing in the earliest White Dwarfs I bought.

    I did mean to say hello and congratulate you in person before leaving but this will have to do for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, saw this on the games workshop Facebook yesterday and it looks amazing. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on another well-deserved win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, from what I've seen they couldn't have picked a better winner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can we have a picture of the heap of swords just tossed in a corner, as you must have run out of places to store them now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! You have definitely established yourself as the Wayne Gretzky or Tiger Woods (pre-divorce version) of this art form. It's not just your amazing technical skill, but your ability to infuse each model with just the right mood and atmosphere. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! Beautiful piece and quite inspiring the colours choices.

    ReplyDelete