Friday 24 January 2014

Chee-Chee Part 11 - Getting messy!

Some painting projects call for taste and subtlety but I'm probably on safe ground when I say that a giant, mutant, cyborg gorilla isn't one of them!

I've always intended to add a few extra gruesom touches to Chee-Chee once the painting was done but I wasn't sure how far to go. Right from when I first saw the mini I've seen Chee-Cee as being in a rabid fury quite literally tearing his victims apart. I've decided to go all the way with my initial ideas and turn the horror right up.






I've used a similar method to how the one I used for the slime on my Hellion's whip to add drool to Chee-Chee's mouth.

I cut each hair to size and glued it in place with a dot of PVA wood glue. That's the really fiddly bit!
I then built up the drool with a 50/50 mix of GW and vallejo water effects mixed with a dot of ivory paint. It's just a matter of taking your time to build up the layers and letting each one dry before you add the next.

I wanted Chee-Chee to be bloody handed and I decided to go for full on gore with a meaty bloody mess clinging to his fingers. Once again this method makes good use of water effects but this time I've also used UHU glue. I mixed the glue up with some blood coloured paint and then stretched out the resultant gloopy mess and let it set up a little. I pulled off small pieces and stretched them out further. This gave me translucent rubbery lumps and strips that I could combine with my blood mix to build up the gore.






1 comment:

  1. That's pretty incredible. You're a true artist. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete