Wednesday 19 June 2013

The Third Scourge - Finished!

Well it's been a bit of a bumpy trip but the third Scourge is finished! I needed to do a little filling on the join between the wings and the body and a few tiny tweaks to the paint job once I could see the whole thing in one piece.



This mini has been a real test of endurance for me. It's the first time I've ever painted more than one of the same thing for a project and I struggled to keep my focus and enthusiasm. The biggest thing I found to be an issue was a strong feeling of "been there, done that and now I want to paint something different". I think I'm best suited to painting one off character minis as my interest moves on much more quickly than my painting so I'm always looking to the next project. 



Having said that I'm pleased I stuck it out as I'm very happy with the result. The Dark Eldar diorama is finally ready to be assembled from all the elements I've been preparing over the last two years. 

It's make or break time for the Dark Eldar diorama!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, it's going to be legendary with this amount of work in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following the development of this diorama for the last two years. Not only were your posts entertaining and helpful, but also a big inspiration. And the project turned out to be a true masterpiece.

    Respect man!

    Will we see this at GD UK 2013?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This is the year (unless theres' some sort of planetary disaster) I make it to GD UK.

      Delete
  3. Great work on this! As Mr President said, been following as well for quick some time ( not the full time unfort ) and it has been quite the journey for you! Loved it, and love the work on it! Waiting for the final photos showing them all together!

    ReplyDelete